KLI Colloquia are informal, public talks that are followed by extensive dissussions. Speakers are KLI fellows or visiting researchers who are interested in presenting their work to an interdisciplinary audience and discussing it in a wider research context. We offer three types of talks:
1. Current Research Talks. KLI fellows or visiting researchers present and discuss their most recent research with the KLI fellows and the Vienna scientific community.
2. Future Research Talks. Visiting researchers present and discuss future projects and ideas togehter with the KLI fellows and the Vienna scientific community.
3. Professional Developmental Talks. Experts about research grants and applications at the Austrian and European levels present career opportunities and strategies to late-PhD and post-doctoral researchers.
- The presentation language is English.
- If you are interested in presenting your current or future work at the KLI, please contact the Scientific Director or the Executive Manager.
The Vienna Science Studies Lab (https://sciencestudieslab.wordpress.com/) is an intra-institution initiative hosted by the Konrad Lorenz Institute (KLI), the UPSalon (University of Vienna), and the Epistemology of the In/human Project at Central European University (CEU).
One focus will be on feminist Science-Technology-Society (STS) methodology and we will start with the format of a reading group, meeting twice a year. Everyone is welcome!
The first meeting will be 29th November, 1:30-3.00
Location: Café Gagarin Garnisongasse 24, 1090 Wien, https://cafegagarin.at/
Reading: https://www.taylorfrancis.com/chapters/edit/10.4324/9780429507731-23/feminist-science-people-sara-giordano It’s a chapter by Sara Giordano in The Routledge Handbook of Feminist Philosophy of Science.
Please let us know whether you’ll attend so we can make according reservations.