In this short video philosopher of biology Daniel Nicholson explains the basic ideas that lie at the heart of his current book project (under contract with MIT Press). Daniel Nicholson's research focuses on the ontology of living systems, particularly on the ways in which organisms differ from other complex organized systems like machines, and on the implications that these differences have for biological theory. He also has a longstanding interest in the historical development of theoretical and philosophical reflections on biology, as well as in a number of topical issues in general philosophy of science.
Watch Dan's movie here.
Find out more about Daniel Nicholson's research on the following online platforms:
• Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?hl=en&user=5gxpRPYAAAAJ
• PhilPeople: https://philpeople.org/profiles/daniel-j-nicholson
• Academia.edu: https://kli.academia.edu/DanielNicholson
• ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Daniel_Nicholson2
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/NicholsonHPBio