Many activities of the KLI exceed the scientific core agenda and are intended to engage with either the public or with alumni and friends of the KLI. Some representative acitivities are listed here.
“All of us must speak up and take responsibility for our corner of the world” (Kevin Laland, Nature 2020)
“To speak the language of diversity is to participate in the creation of a world” (Sara Ahmed, On being included, 2012)
- Raising awareness on diversity/discrimination on a personal and structural level
- Raising awareness of the effects of individual and social discrimination due to privilege or belonging to a minority
- Reflecting on one's own prejudices and stereotypes
- Analyzing different aspects of one's own identity and that of others
- Analyzing different aspects of one's own digital identity and speech styles