KLI Colloquia are informal, public talks that are followed by extensive dissussions. Speakers are KLI fellows or visiting researchers who are interested in presenting their work to an interdisciplinary audience and discussing it in a wider research context. We offer three types of talks:
1. Current Research Talks. KLI fellows or visiting researchers present and discuss their most recent research with the KLI fellows and the Vienna scientific community.
2. Future Research Talks. Visiting researchers present and discuss future projects and ideas togehter with the KLI fellows and the Vienna scientific community.
3. Professional Developmental Talks. Experts about research grants and applications at the Austrian and European levels present career opportunities and strategies to late-PhD and post-doctoral researchers.
- The presentation language is English.
- If you are interested in presenting your current or future work at the KLI, please contact the Scientific Director or the Executive Manager.
As a researcher you will be part of an organization in a specific role: Working on your own project, being part of a team, leading a small project, a larger research center or an institute. This workshop will provide skills for your professional career, will help you to be aware about your mental models about your career and will support you in finding clarity about your next steps.
This training will provide a theory input about the systemic view of social systems and of organizations, the triangle between strategy, structure and culture and the concept of role. You will have the opportunity to examine the role of the researcher apply it to your current role as a fellow – and elaborate the concept of the role in a social system, clarify expectations and understand role-‐taking, role-‐making and role-‐shaping.