KLI Colloquia are informal, public talks that are followed by extensive dissussions. Speakers are KLI fellows or visiting researchers who are interested in presenting their work to an interdisciplinary audience and discussing it in a wider research context. We offer three types of talks:
1. Current Research Talks. KLI fellows or visiting researchers present and discuss their most recent research with the KLI fellows and the Vienna scientific community.
2. Future Research Talks. Visiting researchers present and discuss future projects and ideas togehter with the KLI fellows and the Vienna scientific community.
3. Professional Developmental Talks. Experts about research grants and applications at the Austrian and European levels present career opportunities and strategies to late-PhD and post-doctoral researchers.
- The presentation language is English.
- If you are interested in presenting your current or future work at the KLI, please contact the Scientific Director or the Executive Manager.
Critics of Freire pointed to his lack of answers and solutions to problems as a flaw in his thinking. This presentation aims to explore the reasons why Freire did not prescribe ready-made answers and solutions although he did prescribe authentic dialogue as a possible way forward. I won't be talking about how we internalize the oppressor or banking model of education, literacy – which are key issues for Freire. Instead I will focus on why dialogue was such a central part of Freire's work and explore the relationship between dialogue and truth for Freire.